BLESSED M. CATERINA TROIANI
She was born on 9 January 1813 in Giuliano di Roma, raised and educated in the convent S.Chiara della Carità in Ferentino, she professed her faith in 1830.
It took twenty-four years to this gift to be realized. M. Caterina is a tireless supporter of her communuty. When the apostolic vicar of Egypt suggests to open a house in Cairo, he found them ready to accept.
On 14 September 1859 a group of six missionaries , including M. Caterina, leave to Cairo. Here they help people in need as they can: liberation from slavery, care of abandoned children, religious education…
On 5th July 1868 a pontifical decree made the mission in Cairo independent: a new missionary foundation is born, called Francescane Missionarie d'Egitto, because of M. Caterina's strong connection to the spirituality of S. Francesco d'Assisi.
On 6th May 1887 M. Caterina, the so-called "Poor's mother" died in Cairo. On 14th April 1985 Pope John Paul II proclaimed her BLESSED
The new foundation spread soon in other countries with God's help. In 1897 it is officially aggregated to the Minor Friars Order and in 1950 it receives a new title: Suore Francescane Missionarie del Cuore Immacolato di Maria.